Sunday, June 19, 2011

Important Information


I have this little notebook within close reach at all times. Like I always do, I've given it a useful label: "ideas". It should be titled "important information" instead. It has little drawings (of birds, people, buttons, sewing patterns I'm looking for), random observations I've jotted down, newspaper clippings I've pasted inside, a Morse code cheat-sheet, humorous quotes, and addresses and phone numbers (some of which I don't recognize and even my old German cell phone number).

New glasses and A.P.C. sweatshirt that people love to mock.
It also includes a lot of lists. As I believe I've mentioned before (although maybe I haven't), I like to make lists. This notebook contains lists of books I'm planning on reading (I have a different notebook for books I've finished), typewriters I own and their ribbon sizes, favourite foods, and a useful list entitled "Things I Like". I also have several lists entitled "Favourite Songs". Every month or so, I create a new list of current favourite songs. My top two always remain the same, but I generally like to add another six songs (I like even numbers) that I can't stop listening to at the time.

Here's the list for June:
This Boy (Anthology I Version) - The Beatles
You're So Great - Blur
Livin' - Graham Coxon
Caramel - Blur
Here - Pavement
Cornerstone - Arctic Monkeys
Green Fields - [The Good, the Bad, and the Queen - the name of the record, not the band]
High and Dry - Radiohead

(Again, my taste in music is rather obsessive.) I also have a list of my favourite parts of songs. But I'll save that for another time!

2 comments:

  1. I've got a lot of notebook too !
    http://demoiselleaparis.canalblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. lists are great. and so are blur <3

    ReplyDelete